To reduce maintenance and operating costs of the equipment and to provide the level of cleanliness required, and
- Protecting the general well-being of the occupants of a space;
- Protecting the décor of occupied spaces by removing the staining portion of airborne dust;
- Reducing maintenance of building interiors by reducing the freuency of washing such items as Venetian blinds and fluorescent bulbs;
- Protecting the contents of occupied spaces including paintings, tapestries, and other items of historic or cultural value;
- Eliminating fire hazards by removing lint and other materials that might accumulate in ductwork;
- Extending shelf life of perishable dairy products by removing airborne mold and bacteria during processing operations;
- Removing airborne bacteria from operating room environments to help prevent postoperative infection.